We will be reading Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird for our next unit- Book Club!!!
Click on the files below for an E copy of the play as well as answers to the comprehension package.
Study hard for tomorrow's test!
Your essay is due on November 17th. In class work periods will be November 4&5. You may choose from the following topics.
Essay topics with the comparative focus:
1) In both plays, key characters are referred to as “devils.” Discuss the extent to which Shylock and Drummond can be perceived as villains.
2) Both plays feature a trial as a central element. Analyze whether or not the trials in each play are fair.
3) Examples of parent-child relationships are present in both plays. Analyze the relationship between fathers and daughters in each play.
4) Characters in both plays are challenged by others because of their value systems. Discuss how characters in each play are persecuted for their beliefs.
* A reminder that Inherit the Wind GROUP Seminars are next week on MONDAY AND TUESDAY.